Saturday, October 11, 2008

Summer 2008

Whew.... How time flies.
We've had a quite an eventful summer. Here it is October and I haven't posted an entry since June 1st. I'll try and give a quick glance into my life.
Paul and I met up with my sisters, Jodie and Emily, along with my nieces, Allissa and Michayla, and nephews, Jonathen and Andrew, at Houston's newest park in downtown, Discovery
Green. The park is very cool and uncharacteristic for Houston.



































































Jonathen's 8th Birthday!

My nephew turned eight this summer. He celebrated his birthday with a Spiderman themed swim party at my house, with all of my family.  There was much fun had by all, including a rivoting game of baseball in the pool and a little Rock Band.









































































L-Town Girls Trip 2008

In early August, I met up with my childhood girlfriends for a trip to New Braunsfels and a trip down the Guadalupe river. The weekend started for me on Thursday night when Wendy, Shelly, Laura and I headed to the Hill Country and spent the night with Wendy's parents. On Friday, Mandy met up with us and Wendy's parents took all of us out on Canyon lake for a little relaxation and fun in the boat.

Mandy on the tube.


Elaine and Reid watching Mandy on the tube. Reid kept asking, in a very soft voice, "Mommy are you having fun?"


Shelly and Laura enjoying the water.

On Friday evening we met up with Jenn, Farrah, Jodie, Allison, Meredith, and Melanie and spent the rest of the weekend partying it up at the historic Gruene family home, floating the river, dancing at the River Road Ice House and acting like we were in high school again. We had a blast! I can't wait for next year's edition.


How many girls can you fit into one Tahoe? Can someone cue the Mexican music?




Farrah dancing at the River Road Ice House.


Jodie, Melanie and Allison.



Craig Biggio Retirement Ceremony


In late August Paul and I attended the retirement ceremony of the number 7 from the Astros line up. Craig Biggio is by far, my favorite baseball player of all time. I always enjoyed watching him play, not because he was flashy, but because he played hard. I've added a few pics from the ceremony.






Bagwell congratulating Biggio.








Jodie and Dad are right under the golden arches. Jodie's wearing light blue and Dad is wearing black.

No comments: